Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Long Weekend

Had a very nice and relaxing weekend. I started and finished a pair of "Cottage Socks" it was a freebee pattern on the Lion Brand Site made with the Chunky Wool Ease. I had to make my own Double Point needles size 13, just couldn't find a set that big anywhere. Just took a dowel rod cut it into 5 pieces, stuck the ends into a large pencil sharpener and sanded for a long while. They worked out very well.
I have been really frustrated with designs and started drawing up my own ideas for sweaters. It's so hard to find anything that fits right, I have got to learn to alter patterns to my body. Unless I want to make sweaters that are to big all the time, my problem is that I have a large chest and not as large a waist. If I make a large to fit my chest, its too big at the waist and if I make it to my waist measurements its tooooooo tight in the chest. Oh well guess I just need to study and then not be so afraid to try and see.

No comments: