Wednesday, February 07, 2007


My newest creation and I am very proud of it. Pattern is from 'DomiKNITrix' by Jennifer Stafford, I love her patterns, and I love the way she knits. It is fitted better than most and I do love it but part of what I love about my hoodie is that I spun all the wool myself.
It took me about 4 days of spinning to get it all done and I mean 4 days from morning to night. I bought 4lb of 100% Wool from Jessica Eastin (can't remember her farm name) the wool was no particular breed but the color was delicious. Love at first sight, (dreamy music begins to play as Antonio Banderas speaks) Her eyes fell upon the emerald mound from across the crowded room and it was like she was alone ---screech--- until some other women tried to touch it and then she began to hurriedly talk to the merchant. Sold its mine all mine. Had no idea what i was going to do with it at first until, January when I received DomiKNITrix by way of Amazon and it all became clear it wanted to be a hoodie. What a beautiful and warm hoodie it is. Well according to me anyway. I gotta get a better pic but this will have to do for now.
I have got a great deal going for me right now I will knit for fleece. Currently working on 4 pairs of socks for a very kind and generous women who happens to have sheep, goats and alpaca. I think it will work out for both of us. Got one sock done now gotta cast on the next. Well enough for now. Happy Knitting

No comments: